AWANA is divided into three clubs, each having the same purpose while using age- appropriate material:
- Cubbies (preschool)
- Sparks (Kindergarten – 2nd grade)
- Truth & Training (3rd – 5th grade) – boys and girls separate
AWANA meets during the school year (September – May) every Wednesday evening at the church.
- To give children a high view of God. Children are taught Bible lessons with the express purpose of seeing God’s glory on display and learning of His character.
- To lead children to Christ. The unblemished, unchanging gospel message is at the core of the children’s ministry.
- To produce, in partnership with parents, growing disciples who worship God and live for His glory.
- To assist the children to know God, obey Him, and love His Word in order to be able to stand firm in their generation for God.
The Toddler department has a structured program that follows a curriculum produced through Children Desiring God in Minnesota. This curriculum is centered on learning 4 basic truths about God. The morning includes a short Bible lesson, hymn time, memory verse, and prayer time. There is also opportunity for gross motor play, snack and age appropriate socialization.
The Pre-School through 4th grade enjoy corporate worship during first hour in Crosswalk Church where they enjoy worship through song, offerings, prayer, memory review and the teaching of the Bible lesson. Second hour includes discussion around the main truth of the Bible lesson, memorization, learning to pray and time to socialize with their peers around a snack.
The 5th grade attends church in the main sanctuary first hour, and enjoys second hour around the teaching of the Word, memorization of Scripture and prayer, preparing them to move on to the middle school program. Crosswalk uses the Generations of Grace curriculum published by Grace Community Church of Sun Valley, California. The curriculum presents a high view of God as the children journey chronologically through the Scriptures spanning over a period of three years.